The Asian massages are also constructed on the same lines. Different massage techniques have been developed to build strength into the body while relieving pain and stress. Among the most common of these techniques are Shiatsu, Acupressure, Amma (or anma), Ayurvedic and Champissage. Lets have a brief look at how each achieves the goals of health and fitness.
1. Shiatsu: Shiatsu originated from Japan and focuses on using the fingers and acupuncture points for relaxing the person undergoing the massage. It is a uniquely eastern healing touch that works by controlling and balancing the flow of 'life energy', blood flow, that passes through the body. It concentrates in bringing about self-healing for the body through redirecting its own energies by applying slow pressure and stimulating blood flow. This brings relief from muscle and joint as well as stress. The immune system also gets stronger and the body has a greater fighting chance against disease.
2. Acupressure: Acupressure uses the same basic philosophy as Acupuncture, it is a Chinese technique for bringing rest from pain for the human body and focuses on using the fingers, instead of needles, to press focal points on the body so tension and stress built up within the body is released. A deep sound sleep is ensured after the session. It is also a method for treating anxiety.
3. Anma: Anma is another Japanese massage technique. The very word 'anma' means 'massage' in the Japanese language. Anma combines different limb movements to help a person experience peace and provide relief from pain and stress. It is based on the principles of a dance-like activity called Kata, which works to build up a tempo, pace and precision in a manner decided by the masseuse and makes use of different finger strokes, knee and elbow movements, stretching or manipulating the feet and hands and thus, requires the body to be agile and flexible. There is no need for taking off one's clothes during an Anma session and it can be practiced anywhere since no oils are used.
4. Ayurvedic: Ayurvedic is an Indian form of body massage which is used to cleanse the body of toxins. The basic technique is to use vigorous hand strokes to bring about a sense of peacefulness and restore balance in the body. It typically uses warm oil and concoctions of herbs to get the right results. Sometimes the massage oil is poured into the ears, between the brows and other specific energy points, with a client's permission, and help to reach greater levels of calm and serenity. But you should allow this only if you're totally comfortable with the practice.
5. Champissage: Champissage is essentially on the same basic principle as Ayuveda; it is a technique that mainly deals with treating the upper half of the body in the aim of promoting blood circulation in the scalp. It nourishes the hair roots essentially but the feel-good feeling persists as the masseuse massages the client's face, neck, ears, neck and shoulders besides upper arms to get all the cricks out. The massage is good for relieving headaches, stress and also helps to restore energy levels. (Source: www.articledoctor.com)
Rekomendasi Massage di Jakarta:Sensual Massage and Body Massage for Man in Jakarta